Each point in the graph below shows the profit and turnover data for a company. Each company belongs to one of the three industries: textile, cement and steel.
1. For how many companies does the profit exceed 10% of turnover?
2. For how many steel companies with a turnover of more than 2000 is the profit than 300?
3. An investor wants to buy stock of only steel or cement companies with a turnover more than 1000 and profit exceeding 10% of turnover. How many choices are available to the investor?
The data points in the figure below represent monthly income and expenditure data of individual members of four families - A, B, C and D. Savings is defined as
Savings = Income - Expenditure
1. Which family has the lowest average income?
2. Which family has the highest average expenditure?
3. Which family has the lowest average savings?
4. The highest amount of savings accrues to a member of which family?
The following sketch shows the pipelines carrying material from one location to another. Each location has a demand for material.
The demand at Vaishali is 400, at Jyotishmati is 400, at Panchal is 700, and at Vidisha is 200. Each arrow indicates the direction of material flow through the pipeline. The flow from Vaishali to Jyotishmati is 300. The quantity of material flow is such that the demands at all these locations are exactly met. The capacity of each pipeline is 1,000.
1. The quantity moved from Avanti to Vidisha is
2. The free capacity available at the Avanti-Vaishali pipeline is
The graph given below shows the statistics of 12 Cricket players. Each point on the graph indicates the average score per match of a player and the number of matches played by that player. Each of the players plays for one of the four teams - Team 1, Team 2, Team 3 and Team 4.
1. If only the runs scored by the above mentioned 12 players are considered, then which team has got the maximum aggregate score?
2. How many players are there who have played more than 200 matches and have scored less than 9,000 runs?
3. What is the overall average score of those players of Team 4, whose averages are better than the average of that player who has played the second highest number of matches for Team 3?