Discuss briefly the character sketch of Peter Van Daan.
- The teenage son of the van Daans, whose real name is Peter van Pels.
- Anne first sees Peter as obnoxious, lazy, and hypersensitive, but later they become close friends.
- Peter is quiet, timid, honest, and sweet to Anne, but he does not share her strong convictions.
- During their time in the annex, Anne and Peter develop a romantic attraction, which Mr. Frank discourages.
- Peter is Anne’s first kiss, and he is her one confidant and source of affection and attention in the annex.
- Peter dies on May 5, 1945, at the concentration camp at Mauthausen, only three days before the camp was liberated.