The accidental touch of Nettle leaves creates a burning sensation
The accidental touch of Nettle leaves creates a burning sensation, which is due to inject of
- Hydrochloric acid
- Methanoic acid
- Citric acid
- Sulphuric acid
Nettle is a herbaceous plant which grows in the wild. Its leaves have stinging hair, which cause painful stings when touched accidentally. This is due to the methanoic acid secreted by them.
A traditional remedy is rubbing the area with the leaf of the dock plant, which often grows beside the nettle in the wild.
The correct option is B.