Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
- It is a bonding process with the entire situation where you, your car, and its name make the entire equation.
- Good car names are catchy and fit the product, such as the ‘Beetle’ or the ‘Mini’.
- Marketing departments of car companies spend a lot of time and money thinking up names for cars.
- The car you drive tells the world about your status, how much money you have, and the socioeconomic group you belong to (or want to belong to).
- The names should be a reflection of the brand, product, and target group.
The paragraph is about car names. These sentences talk of the importance of a good car name. Sentence (4) talks of owning a car and associated status, which does not find mention in any of the other sentences and hence, is the odd one out.
The correct answer is 4.