Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out. Choose its number as your answer and key it in.
- Man , whether civilized or savage, is a child of nature - he is not the master of nature.
- He must conforms his actions to certain natural laws if he is to maintain his dominance over his environment.
- Civilized man was nearly always able to become master of his environment temporarily.
- When he tries to circumvent the laws of nature, he usually destroys the natural environment that sustains him.
- And when his environment deteriorates rapidly, his civilization declines.
These sentences talk about Man being a child of nature and his inability to conquer or dominate nature. Sentence 3 is the odd one out as it talks of civilized man in particular. It talks of temporary dominance which deviates from the theme of the other sentences. Sentence 3 is also related to past while other sentences are related to the present. The correct possible sequence is 1245.
The correct answer is 3.