As officials, their vision of a country shouldn't run too far beyond
Ordering of Sentences
The sentences given in question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- A. As officials, their vision of a country shouldn't run too far beyond that of the local people with whom they have to deal.
- B. Ambassadors have to choose their words.
- C. To say what they feel they have to say, they appear to be denying or ignoring part of what they know.
- D. So, with ambassadors as with other expatriates in black Africa, there appears at a first meeting a kind of ambivalence.
- E. They do a specialized job and it is necessary for them to live ceremonial lives.
B starts the paragraph. C is too abrupt to follow.
E links job to ambassador in A.
Ambivalence in D is illustrated in C.
The correct option is A.