In America, highly educated women, who are in stronger position
Ordering of Sentences
There are five sentences. The sentence labelled A is in its correct place. The four that follow are labelled B, C, D and E, and need to be arranged in the logical order to form a coherent paragraph. From the given options, choose the most appropriate option.
- A. In America, highly educated women, who are in stronger position in the labour market than less qualified ones, have higher rates of marriage than other groups.
- B. Some work supports the Becker thesis, and some appears to contradict it.
- C. And, as with crime, it is equally inconclusive.
- D. But regardless of the conclusion of any particular piece of work, it is hard to establish convincing connections between family changes and economic factors using conventional approaches.
- E. Indeed, just as with crime, an enormous academic literature exists on the validity of the pure economic approach to the evolution of family structures.
EC is a mandatory pair which is linked by ‘crime’.
D cannot follow A as ‘particular piece of work’ is mentioned in B. Thus D should follow B.
The correct option is D.