Passivity is not, of course, universal
Ordering of Sentences
The sentences given in question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- A. Passivity is not, of course, universal.
- B. In areas where there are no lords or laws, or in frontier zones where all men go armed, the attitude of the peasantry may well be different.
- C. So indeed it may be on the fringe of the unsubmissive.
- D. However, for most of the soil-bound peasants the problem is not whether to be normally passive or active, but when to pass from one state to another.
- E. This depends on an assessment of the political situation.
Between the options, the best options for the opening sentence seem to be A and B. Again the option with B as the first sentence does not flow logically.
A-B is a better sequence as it moves from general (universal) to specific (in areas).
The correct option is B.