Six engineers Anthony, Brad, Carla, Dinesh, Evan and Frank are offered jobs at six different locations - England, Germany, India, Australia, Singapore and UAE. The jobs offered are in six different branches, and are based on their competence as well as preference. The branches are IT, Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics, Metallurgy and Electrical, though not necessarily in the same order. Their placements are subject to the following conditions:
- The engineer in the Electrical Department is not placed in Germany.
- Anthony is placed in Singapore while Dinesh in UAE.
- Frank is not in the Metallurgy Department but Brad is in the Chemical Department.
- Evan is placed in the Mechanical Department while Frank is offered a job in Australia.
- The only department offering jobs in India is the Chemical Department while there are no vacancies for IT in Singapore.
- Anthony is interested in IT and Electrical Department while Frank is interested in IT and Mechanical Department. Both of them settle for the options available based on their interests in the locations allotted to them.
- In recent years, UAE has emerged as a hub for metallurgy exports and thus recruitment is done for the same while all mechanical posts are in England.
1. Who joined the Electronics Department?
2. The person placed in UAE is in the which Department?
3. Out of the following, which is the correct combination?
4. Who joined the IT Department in Australia?
5. Which combination is true for Dinesh?
Enter the data in the table based on given conditions:
Anthony is placed in Singapore (from ii) and Anthony is interested in IT and Electrical (from vi), but there are no vacancies for IT in Singapore, so Anthony must have placed in Electrical.
Frank is offered a job in Australia (from iv) and Frank is interested in IT and Mechanical (from vi), but Evan is already placed in Mechanical (from iv), so Frank must have placed in IT.
UAE is for metallurgy (from vii) and Dinesh is in UAE (from ii), so Dinesh must have placed in Metallurgy.