Lakshmi, her brother, her daughter and her son are badminton players. A game of doubles is about to begin:
- Lakshmi's brother is directly across the net from her daughter.
- Her son is diagonally across the net from the worst player's sibling.
- The best player and the worst player are on the same side of the net.
Who is the best player?
- Her brother
- Her daughter
- Her son
Read the information given below and answer the six items that follow.
A, B, C and D are students. They are studying in four different cities, viz., P, Q, R and S (not necessarily in that order). They are studying in Science college, Arts college, Commerce college and Engineering college (not necessarily in that order), which are situated in four different States, viz., Gujarat, Rajasthan, Assam and Kerala (not necessarily in that order). Further, it is given that
- D is studying in Assam
- Arts college is located in city S which is in Rajasthan
- A is studying in Commerce college
- B is studying in city Q
- Science college is located in Kerala
Four political parties W, X, Y and Z decided to set up a joint candidate for the coming parliamentary elections. The formula agreed by them was the acceptance of a candidate of the most of the parties. For aspiring candidates A, B, C and D approached the parties for their ticket.
- A was acceptable to W but not Z
- B was acceptable to Y but not X
- C was acceptable to W and Y
- D was acceptable to W and X
When candidate B was preferred by W and Z, candidate C was preferred by X and Z and candidate A was acceptable to X but not Y: Who got the ticket?
In five flats, one above the other, live five professionals. The professor has to go up to meet his IAS officer friend. The doctor is equally friendly to all, and has to go up as frequently as go down. The engineer has to go up to meet his MLA friend above whose flat lives the professor's friend.
From the ground floor to the top floor, in what order do the five professionals live?
- IAS officer, Engineer, Doctor, Professor, MLA
- Engineer, Professor, Doctor, IAS officer, MLA
- Professor, Engineer, Doctor, MLA, IAS officer
- Professor, Engineer, Doctor, IAS officer, MLA
A, B, C, D and E belong to five different cities P, Q, R, S and T (not necessarily in that order). Each one of them comes from a different city. Further it is given that:
- 1. B and C do not belong to Q
- 2. B and E do not belong to P and R
- 3. A and C do not belong to R, S and T
- 4. D and E do not belong to Q and T
Which one of the following statements is not correct?
- B belongs to S
- C belongs to P
- D belongs to R
- A belongs to Q
Five people A, B, C, D and E are seated about a round table. Every chair is spaced equidistant from adjacent chairs.
- (i) C is seated next to A
- (ii) A is seated two seats from D
- (iii) B is not seated next to A
Which of the following must be true?
- (I) D is seated next to B
- (II) E is seated next to A
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
- I only
- II only
- Both I and II
- Neither I nor II
Four friends A, B, C and D distribute some money among themselves in such a manner that A gets one less than B, C gets 5 more than D, D gets 3 more than B. who gets the smallest amount?'
Geeta is older than her cousin Meena. Meena's brother Bipin is older than Geeta. When Meena and Bipin visit Geeta, they like to play chess. Meena wins the game more often than Geeta.
Based on the above information, four conclusions, as given below, have been made. Which one of these logically follows from the information given above?
- Geeta hates to lose the game.
- Geeta is the oldest among the three.
- While playing chess with Geeta and Meena, Bipin often loses.
- Meena is the youngest of the three.
Seven men, A, B, C, D, E, F and G are standing in a queue in that order. Each one is wearing a cap of a different colour like violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. D is able to see in front of him green and blue, but not violet. E can see violet and yellow, but not red. G can see caps of all colours other than orange. If E is wearing an indigo coloured cap, then the colour of the cap worn by F is
The music director of a film wants to select four persons to work on different aspects of a composition of a piece of music. Seven persons are available for this work; they are Rohit, Tanya, Shobha, Kaushak, Kunal, Mukesh and Jaswant.
Rohit and Tanya will not work together. Kunal and Shobha will not work together. Mukesh and Kunal want to work together.
Which of the following is the most acceptable group of people that can be selected by the music director?
- Tanya, Kaushal, Shobha and Rohit
- Tanya, Mukesh, Kunal and Jaswant
- Rohit, Shobha, Kunal and Kaushal
- Shobha, Tanya, Rohit and Mukesh
A cube of side 12 cm is painted red on all the faces and then cut into smaller cubes, each of side 3 cm. What is the total number of smaller cubes having none of their faces painted?
Six engineers Anthony, Brad, Carla, Dinesh, Evan and Frank are offered jobs at six different locations - England, Germany, India, Australia, Singapore and UAE. The jobs offered are in six different branches, and are based on their competence as well as preference. The branches are IT, Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics, Metallurgy and Electrical, though not necessarily in the same order. Their placements are subject to the following conditions:
- The engineer in the Electrical Department is not placed in Germany.
- Anthony is placed in Singapore while Dinesh in UAE.
- Frank is not in the Metallurgy Department but Brad is in the Chemical Department.
- Evan is placed in the Mechanical Department while Frank is offered a job in Australia.
- The only department offering jobs in India is the Chemical Department while there are no vacancies for IT in Singapore.
- Anthony is interested in IT and Electrical Department while Frank is interested in IT and Mechanical Department. Both of them settle for the options available based on their interests in the locations allotted to them.
- In recent years, UAE has emerged as a hub for metallurgy exports and thus recruitment is done for the same while all mechanical posts are in England.
1. Who joined the Electronics Department?
2. The person placed in UAE is in the which Department?
3. Out of the following, which is the correct combination?
4. Who joined the IT Department in Australia?
5. Which combination is true for Dinesh?
Due to astrological reasons, a mother named all her daughters with the alphabet K as Kamla, Kamlesh, Kriti, Kripa, Kranti and Kalpana.
- Kamla is not the tallest while Kripa is not the most qualified.
- The shortest is the most qualified amongst them all.
- Kalpana is more qualified than Kamlesh who is more qualified than Kriti.
- Kamla is less qualified than Kamlesh but is taller than Kamlesh.
- Kalpana is shorter than Kriti but taller than Kranti.
- Kriti is more qualified than Kamla while Kamlesh is taller than Kriti.
- Kripa is the least qualified amongst the daughters.
1. Who is the third tallest starting in decreasing order of height?
2. Who is the most qualified?
3. What is the rank of Kriti in increasing order of qualification?
4. What is the rank of Kamla in increasing order of height?
Read the following passage and answer (three) items that follow:
A, B, C, D and E are members of the same family. There are two fathers, two sons, two wives, three males and two females. The teacher was the, wife of a lawyer who was the son of a doctor. E is not male, neither also a wife of a professional. C is the youngest person in the family and D is the eldest. B is a male.
1. How is D related to E?
2. Who are the females in the group?
- C and E
- E and A
- D and E
- C and D
3. Whose wife is the teacher?
In a survey regarding a proposal measure to be introduced, 2878 person took part of which 1652 were males. 1226 persons voted against the proposal of which 796 were males. 1425 persons voted for the proposal. 196 females were undecided.
1. How many females voted for the proposal?
2. How many females were not in favour the proposal?
How many males were undecided?
Guest lectures on five subjects viz., Economics, History, Statistics, English and Mathematics have to be arranged in a week from Monday to Friday. Only one lecture can be arranged on each day. Economics cannot be scheduled on Tuesday. Guest faculty for History is available only on Tuesday. Mathematics lecture has to be scheduled immediately after the day of Economics lecture. English lecture has to be scheduled immediately before the day of Economics lecture.
1. Which lecture is scheduled before the Mathematics lecture?
2. Which lecture is the last one in the week?
3. Which lecture is scheduled on Monday?
4. Which lecture is scheduled on Wednesday?
5. Which lecture is scheduled between Statistics and English?
- No lecture
Read the following passage and answer the three items that follow:
A tennis coach is trying to put together a team of four players for the forthcoming tournament. For this 7 players are available: males A, B and C; and females W, X, Y and Z. All players have equal capability and at least 2 males will be there in the team. For a team of four, all players must be able to play with each other. But, B cannot play with W, C cannot play with Z and W cannot play with Y.
1. If Y is selected and B is rejected, the team will consist of which one of the following groups?
- A, W, Y and Z
- A, C, W and Y
- A, C, Y and Z
- A, C, X and Y
2. B is selected and Y is rejected, the team will consist of which one of the following groups?
- A, B, C and X
- A, B, C and W
- A, W, Y and Z
- A, B, C and Z
3. If all the three males are selected, then how many combinations of four member teams are possible?
Read the following statements and answer the four items that follow:
Five cities P, Q, R, S and T are connected by different modes of transport as follows:
- P and R are connected by boat only
- S and R are connected by bus and boat
- P and Q are connected by boat as well as rail
- Q and T are connected by air only
- T and R are connected by rail and bus
1. Which more of transport would help one to reach R starting from Q, but without changing the mode of transport?
2. If a person visits each of the places starting from P and gets back to P, which of the following places must he visit twice?
3. Which of the following pairs of cities is connected by any of the routes directly without going to any other city?
- Q and R
- P and T
- T and S
- None of these
4. Between which two cities among the pairs of cities given below are there maximum travel options available?
- Q and S
- P and R
- Q and R
- P and T
Examine carefully the following statements and answer the three items that follow:
Out of four friends A, B, C and D, A and B play football and cricket, B and C play cricket and hockey, A and D play basketball and football, C and D play hockey and basketball.
1. Who does not play hockey?
2. Who plays football, basketball and hockey?
3. Which game do B, C and D play?