The sentences given below, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labeled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- A. This is now orthodoxy to which I subscribe - up to a point.
- B. It emerged from the mathematics of chance and statistics.
- C. Therefore the risk is measurable and manageable.
- D. The fundamental concept: Prices are not predictable, but the mathematical laws of chance can describe their fluctuations.
- E. This is how what business schools now call modern finance was born.
If you read the sentence, there are two possibilities for the ‘it’ in statement B. The ‘it’ is either ‘The fundamental concept’ in D (i.e. BD) or ‘modern finance’ in E (i.e. EB).
No other combination even as per the given options (CB and AB) would make sense if the ‘it’ is worked upon.
The correct option is A.