The sentences given below, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labeled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- A. Experts such as Larry Burns, head of research at GM, reckon that only such a full hearted leap will allow the world to cope with the mass motorization that will one day come to China or India.
- B. But once hydrogen is being produced from biomass or extracted from underground coal or made from water, using nuclear or renewable electricity, the way will be open for a huge reduction in carbon emissions from the whole system.
- C. In theory, once all the bugs have been sorted out, fuel cells should deliver better total fuel economy than any existing engines.
- D. That is twice as good as the internal combustion engine, but only five percentage points better than a diesel hybrid.
- E. Allowing for the resources needed to extract hydrogen from hydrocarbon, oil coal or gas, the fuel cell has an efficiency of 30%.
ED is a mandatory pair as ‘the fuel cell efficiency has an efficiency of 30%’ in E connects with ‘That is twice as good’in D.
BA is a pair because ‘the way will be open for a huge reduction…’ in B connects with ‘only such a full-hearted leap will allow the world to cope with mass motorization’ in A.
The correct option is B.